Colorado Springs Western Street Breakfast
The 2020 Colorado Springs Western Street Breakfast scheduled for June 17th has been postponed due to the COVID-19 virus and regulations regarding large gatherings. We are considering an alternative date in August to coincide with the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo. Thank you for your support of the street breakfast and of the rich western heritage that it represents in our community.
The Colorado Springs Western Street Breakfast is one of Colorado Springs’ most iconic celebrations of its deep-rooted western heritage. The Street Breakfast has also become an annual fundraising event that supports our local military and their families. Mark your calendar and set your alarm for early morning so you can join us for this fun, festive and family-friendly event. We close down the streets, bring out the hay bales and cook up a tasty, hot breakfast for you to devour while you listen to the renowned Flying W Wranglers as well as the country/rock band Exit West and the talented students from the Colorado Springs Conservatory. The Sweetwater Native American dancers will thrill and amaze with their authentic dress and dances.
Do you and your kids love to dress up in western wear? Pull out your cowboy hats, boots, jeans and bandannas (or other kinds of costumes) to celebrate the start of the Colorado Springs rodeo season with the 72nd Annual Lil’ Cowboys & Cowgirls Roundup. Your fancy duds will get you in the right frame of mind to enjoy a morning full of western fun and you may even win a ride on the Western Spirit float in the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo Parade in July.
Come Join Us! The morning includes:
- Delicious hot breakfast for just $5 (kids 5 and under eat free)
- Pikes Peak Range Riders and Rangerettes depart on horseback at 8 a.m.
- Kids Western Dress-Up Contest
- Kids Corral with a petting zoo, roping the hay bale, caricature drawing, gunslinger and trick roper
- Appearances by Girl of the West and Aide to the Girl of the West
- Performances by Colorado Springs Conservatory, Exit West, Flying W Wranglers and Sweetwater Native American Hoop Dancers
- Drawings for prizes provided by event sponsors